Monday, February 12, 2007

Spyware

The spyware programs that I have on my laptop are Spybot: Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware. I had been using Spybot, but all that it usually found was cookies. In class, when we were shown where the cookies are kept, I saw that I had about 500. So ... now I try to delete them regularly and Spybot does not come up with as many threats as it did before.

Ad-Aware seems like another good program because, even after I manually delete the cookies from their folder, it finds other threats. I think I will run both of them at least weekly, along with my Symantec AntiVirus. I am glad that I now know more about keeping my laptop clean and running smoothly so that I can better avoid big problems in the future.

^ this is the Spybot program after it has run and found some cookies
^ this is the Ad-Aware program with its detected threats

No comments: