Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What I've Learned

I have learned so much in this IT 101X class. I think one of the most important things is the great communication methods that there are. Blogs, wikis, podcasts, and skype were all new to me and it was so interesting to find out about so many more ways that people can contact each other and make information and thoughts available to other people. Through the ways that we used these features for our class and as assignments, I was able to see how useful they can be for a variety of reasons. Not only are they used for personal entertainment and communication, but they can also be used for groups, such as our own class, that need to share important information and media.

I also learned a lot about connecting the different types of technology that we learned about and used. I always was surprised when I again realized that we could attach so many forms of media back to the wiki. Besides inserting hyperlinks, we could add pictures, sound, video, and documents to the wiki, our websites, and our blogs. It was so interesting to see that they could all be interconnected and edited. All these things that I have learned will definitely help me as I continue to learn more about technology and its many different types and uses.

No comments: